Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Imitation Poem of Judith Viorst's "If I Were In Charge of the World"


If I Were In Charge of the Universe
If I were in charge of the Universe
I would eat hot wings every morning,
And strawberry milk every night.
I’d cancel school every Friday,
And homework would not exist.
There would be more time for friends,
And less responsibilities in life.
You could play with toys all day,
And eat way too much chocolate.
Everyone would succeed at math,
There would be more sports,
And “How I Met Your Mother” would be played on TV 24/7!
Mario Kart would be revered by children of all ages,
And parties would only play 90’s music.
People could fly to the moon when they were bored,
And skydiving would be a requirement in life.
Travel would be cheap,
And there would be peace among all.
Even though this would may not be your “perfect” world,
If I were in charge of the universe,
This is how it would be!

3 comments:

  1. But, I don't know if I like skydiving, and I really prefer 70's music, and, well, I'm not sure who Mario Kart is. (Whine, whine, whine) :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish traveling would be cheap too! So we could finally get that road trip in!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm alright with you being in charge of the world. I have always wanted to go skydiving. Have you been before?

    ReplyDelete